Last Modified: October 24, 2019
- On or through the Rigid Bits Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Rigid Bits Platform or Rigid Bits.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party (including distributors, customers, and Rigid Bits’ affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Rigid Bits Platform.
The Rigid Bits Platform is hosted on servers in the United States. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States.
2. Information Rigid Bits Collects About You and How Rigid Bits Collects It
(a) Collection. Rigid Bits collects several types of information from and about users of the Rigid Bits Platform, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, either alone or in combination with other information available to Rigid Bits, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or other personal information, as further defined under applicable laws (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as automatically recorded times and dates of visits to the Rigid Bits Platform; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Rigid Bits Platform and usage details.
Rigid Bits collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Rigid Bits.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Rigid Bits Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, Rigid Bits’ business partners.
- Information You Provide to Us. The information Rigid Bits collects on or through the Rigid Bits Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Rigid Bits Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Rigid Bits Platform, subscribing to or purchasing any Rigid Bits service, posting material, or requesting further services. Rigid Bits may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Rigid Bits Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Rigid Bits.
- Your responses to surveys that Rigid Bits might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Rigid Bits Platform. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Rigid Bits Platform.
- Your search queries on the Rigid Bits Platform.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Rigid Bits Platform or transmitted to other users of the Rigid Bits Platform or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although Rigid Bits limits access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, Rigid Bits cannot control the actions of other users of the Rigid Bits Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, Rigid Bits cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Information Rigid Bits Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through, download, interact with, access and use the Rigid Bits Platform, Rigid Bits may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, mobile device browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to, access or use of the Rigid Bits Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Rigid Bits Platform.
- Information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, unique device identifier, browser type, mobile network information, and any mobile device’s telephone number.
- The Rigid Bits Platform may also access metadata and information associated with files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
The information Rigid Bits collects automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or Rigid Bits may maintain it or associate it with personal information Rigid Bits collects in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Rigid Bits to improve the Rigid Bits Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Rigid Bits to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Rigid Bits to customize the Rigid Bits Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Rigid Bits Platform.
The technologies Rigid Bits uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Rigid Bits Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Rigid Bits Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Rigid Bits Platform and Rigid Bits’ e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Rigid Bits, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Rigid Bits Platform statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Rigid Bits Platform content and verifying system and server integrity).
Rigid Bits does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
4. How Rigid Bits Uses Your Information
Rigid Bits uses information that Rigid Bits collects about you or that you provide to Rigid Bits, including any personal information:
- To provide you with the Rigid Bits Platform and its contents.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Rigid Bits.
- To improve your experience using the Rigid Bits Platform.
- To allow you to post content to the Rigid Bits Platform.
- To allow you to interact with other users.
- To allow you to participate in promotions and programs on the Rigid Bits Platform.
- To provide information or services you have requested.
- To process or maintain your registration on the Rigid Bits Platform.
- To facilitate advertisements on the Rigid Bits Platform.
- To adapt the services of Rigid Bits’ network and community to your needs.
- To research the effectiveness of Rigid Bits’ network and community.
- To develop new tools for Rigid Bits’ network and community.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out Rigid Bits’ obligations and enforce Rigid Bits’ rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Rigid Bits, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about updates or changes to the Rigid Bits Platform or any products or services Rigid Bits offers or provides though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Rigid Bits Platform.
- In any other way Rigid Bits may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Rigid Bits may also use your information to contact you about Rigid Bits’ own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send an email to Rigid Bits at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How Rigid Bits Use and Disclose Your Information.
Rigid Bits may use the information Rigid Bits has collected from you to enable Rigid Bits to display advertisements to Rigid Bits’ advertisers’ target audiences. Even though Rigid Bits does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
Rigid Bits may disclose aggregated information about Rigid Bits’ users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
- To Rigid Bits’ subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties Rigid Bits uses to support Rigid Bits’ business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which Rigid Bits discloses it to them.
- To product distributors on the Rigid Bits Platform.
- To customers on the Rigid Bits Platform.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rigid Bits’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Rigid Bits about Rigid Bits Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see
- Choices About How Rigid Bits Uses and Discloses Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Rigid Bits when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Rigid Bits may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If Rigid Bits believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rigid Bits, Rigid Bits’ customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How Rigid Bits Uses and Discloses Your Information
Rigid Bits strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Rigid Bits have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Rigid Bits. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Rigid Bits to promote Rigid Bits’ own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If Rigid Bits has sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Rigid Bits as a result of a product or services purchases or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that Rigid Bits collects or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to Rigid Bits’ advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rigid Bits does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see the section titled “Your California Privacy Rights” below for more information.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Rigid Bits Platform and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Rigid Bits cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. Rigid Bits may not accommodate a request to change information if Rigid Bits believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding Rigid Bits’ use of your personal information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) may permit users of the Rigid Bits Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding Rigid Bits’ disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Rights of Residents of the European Union (EU)
If you use the Rigid Bits Platform and reside in the EU, you are entitled by law to access, correct, amend, or delete personal information about you that we hold. A list of these rights is below. Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions apply. To exercise these rights please contact us at email@example.com. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. In the event that we refuse a request under rights of access, we will provide you a reason as to why.
- The right to access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right has some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process. When making a request, please provide an accurate description of the data you want access to.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, including (i) when your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or (ii) your information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation in EU Union or Member State law.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances, including (i) when the accuracy of the information is brought into question or (ii) when we no longer need the information for purposes of the processing but you require such information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because the process is in our legitimate interests.
- The right to data portability: This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organization to another or give it to you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
10. Data Security
Rigid Bits has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where Rigid Bits has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Rigid Bits Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Rigid Bits ask you not to share your password with anyone. Rigid Bits urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Rigid Bits Platform or the sharing of information with third parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Rigid Bits takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information, Rigid Bits cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Rigid Bits Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Rigid Bits is not responsible for circumvention of any Privacy settings or security measures contained on the Rigid Bits Platform.
12. Contact Information
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.RigidBits.com for the most up to date contact information.